Vandermolen History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Vandermolen family
The surname Vandermolen was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in South Holland, a province of Holland, the most crowded province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Rotterdam, Leyden and Shiedam. Noted is the famed castle of Teilengen where Jacqueline of Bavaria is buried. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Vandermolen family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vandermolen research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1555, 1583 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Vandermolen History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vandermolen Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moll, Molle, Molles, Mol, Mols, Moles, Mollz, de Moll, van Moll and many more.
Early Notables of the Vandermolen family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vandermolen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Netherlands, the name Vandermolen is the 251st most popular surname with an estimated 5,402 people with that name. 
Vandermolen migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vandermolen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Aaltje VanderMolen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Geesje VanderMolen, who settled in New York, NY in 1850
- Hendertje VanderMolen, who settled in New York, NY in 1850
- Aaltje VanderMolen, aged 45, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Albertus VanderMolen, aged 9, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Vandermolen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Kornelus E. Vander Molen, aged 27, who settled in America from Middeltum, Holland, in 1910
- Klaas vander Molen, aged 21, who landed in America from Usguert, Holland, in 1911
- Francois Vander Molen, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1918
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)