on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, German
Where did the Dutch Vanburen family come from? What is the Dutch Vanburen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vanburen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vanburen family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Van Buren, Van Buuren, Van Beuren, Van den Bueren and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vanburen Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Cornelius Hendricksen VanBuren, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1620-1664
- Cornelis Maessen VanBuren, who landed in New York in 1631
- Jacob Willem VanBuren, who landed in New York in 1649
- Gerrit Aartsen VanBuren, who landed in New York in 1660
- Gerrit Cornelissen VanBuren, who arrived in New York in 1660
Vanburen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- A VanBuren, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Jacob J VanBuren, who arrived in Iroquois County, Illinois in 1888
- President Martin Van Buren (1782-1862), American politician, 8th American President (1837-1841) 8th Vice President of the United States (1833-1837), 10th United States Secretary of State (1829-1831)
- Raeburn VanBuren (1891-1987), American magazine and comic strip illustrator
- Mabel VanBuren (1878-1947), American stage and screen actress
- John VanBuren (1810-1866), American lawyer and politician
- Jermaine Russell VanBuren (b. 1980), former American pitcher in Major League Baseball
- Stephen W. VanBuren (b. 1920), former professional American football halfback
- Hannah Hoes Van Buren (1783-1819), wife of president Van Buren
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
The Vanburen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vanburen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 May 2015 at 16:48.
on orders of $85 or more