Van Ryn History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Van Ryn family
The surname Van Ryn was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Van Ryn family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Van Ryn research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1655, 1720 and 1606 are included under the topic Early Van Ryn History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Van Ryn Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: van Rijn, van Ryne, van Rhyn, van Ryn, Rijn, Rhyn, Ryn, Rym, Ryne, van der Rijn, de Rijn, van Rym and many more.
Early Notables of the Van Ryn family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Van Ryn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Van Ryn migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Van Ryn Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John George VanRyn, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1851
- John George VanRyn, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1851 
- Harvey VanRyn, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1871 
- Harvey VanRyn, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1871
Van Ryn Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gysbertus VanRyn, who settled in Dallas Co. TX in 1901
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)