on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Vallejo family come from? What is the Spanish Vallejo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vallejo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vallejo family history?The original bearer of the name Vallejo, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Vallejo family lived near a valley. There is also a place-name Valle in Santander, which is in northern Spain. The place-name is derived form the Spanish word valle, the English valley and the French vallee, which all derive from the Latin word vallis.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valle, del Valle, Vallés, Valles, de Valles, Vallecillo, Vallejo, de Vallejo, Vallejos and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vallejo research. Another 373 words(27 lines of text) covering the year 1191 is included under the topic Early Vallejo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 105 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vallejo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Pedro Vallejo, who voyaged to Mexico with the expedition of Hernán Cortés in 1519
- García de Vallejo sailed to Peru in 1534
- Antonio Vallejo sailed to Río de la Plata in 1535
- Bernaldo de Vallejo sailed to Hispaniola in 1565
- Catalina Vallejo sailed to New Spain in 1579
Vallejo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lope De Vallejo, who arrived in America in 1810
- Juan Vallejo, who landed in America in 1814
- Agustin Vallejo, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1823
- Pedro De Vallejo, who arrived in America in 1826
- Miguel Vallejo, who landed in America in 1828
- Antonio Buero Vallejo (1916-2000), Spanish playwright
- Lisa Elena Vallejo, youth counselor
- César Vallejo, Peruvian writer
- Maximiliano Vallejo (b. 1982), Argentine professional football player
- Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo (1807-1890), Californian military commander, politician, and rancher
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Vallejo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vallejo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 March 2015 at 19:48.
on orders of $85 or more