Vallecillo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The original bearer of the name Vallecillo, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Vallecillo family lived near a valley. There is also a place-name Valle in Santander, which is in northern Spain. The place-name is derived form the Spanish word valle, the English valley and the French vallee, which all derive from the Latin word vallis.
Early Origins of the Vallecillo family
The surname Vallecillo was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Vallecillo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vallecillo research. Another 70 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1191 is included under the topic Early Vallecillo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vallecillo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valle, del Valle, Vallés, Valles, de Valles, Vallecillo, Vallejo, de Vallejo, Vallejos and many more.
Early Notables of the Vallecillo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were sixteenth century doctor Francisco Vallés, physician to King Philip II; seventeenth century Spanish actress María Antonia Vallejo Fernández; seventeenth century Peruvian poet Juan del Valle y Caviedes; eighteenth century Spanish politician and diplomat Antonio Valle Hernández; nineteenth century Guatemalan writer José Cecilio del Valle; nineteenth century...
Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vallecillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Vallecillo is the 16,696th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Vallecillo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vallecillo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manuel Vallecillo, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1858 
- Cristobal Vallecillo, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1872 
Contemporary Notables of the name Vallecillo (post 1700) +
- Orlin Jared Vallecillo Paguada (b. 1983), Honduran football goalkeeper
- Érick Cecilio Vallecillo Paguada (b. 1980), Honduran football defender
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)