Valle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The original bearer of the name Valle, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Valle family lived near a valley. There is also a place-name Valle in Santander, which is in northern Spain. The place-name is derived form the Spanish word valle, the English valley and the French vallee, which all derive from the Latin word vallis.
Early Origins of the Valle family
The surname Valle was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Valle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valle research. Another 70 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1191 is included under the topic Early Valle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valle, del Valle, Vallés, Valles, de Valles, Vallecillo, Vallejo, de Vallejo, Vallejos and many more.
Early Notables of the Valle family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were sixteenth century doctor Francisco Vallés, physician to King Philip II; seventeenth century Spanish actress María Antonia Vallejo Fernández; seventeenth century Peruvian poet Juan del Valle y Caviedes; eighteenth century Spanish politician and diplomat Antonio Valle Hernández; nineteenth century Guatemalan writer José Cecilio del Valle; nineteenth century...
Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Valle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Valle is the 1,739th most popular surname with an estimated 17,409 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Valle is ranked the 3,371st most popular surname with an estimated 2,000 - 2,500 people with that name. 
Valle migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Valle Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Alonso del Valle, who sailed to America in 1509
- Juan del Valle, who sailed to America in 1517
- Andrés del Valle, who sailed to America in 1528
- Bartolomé del Valle, who sailed to Peru in 1592
Valle Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Elizabeth Valle, who landed in Maryland in 1679 
Valle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso Del Valle, who landed in America in 1809 
- Bernardo Valle, who settled in New Orleans in 1813
- Bernardo Valle, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1813 
- Joseph Valle, who settled in New York by ship in 1824
- Francisco Valle, who settled in New Orleans in 1827
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Valle (post 1700) +
- David Valle (b. 1960), American former Major League Baseball player
- Richard Valle, American Democratic Party politician, Presidential Elector for California, 2000 
- Fred Valle, American politician, Socialist Workers Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1972 
- Rafael del Valle, American Republican politician, Postmaster at San Juan, Puerto Rico, 1925-34 (acting, 1925-30) 
- R. F. del Valle, American Democratic Party politician, Member of California State Assembly 2nd District, 1880, 1881-83; Presidential Elector for California, 1880 
- Miguel del Valle (b. 1951), American Democratic Party politician, Member of Illinois State Senate 2nd District, 1987-2006; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1996, 2008; Chicago city clerk, 2006-11 
- Ignacio Del Valle, American politician, Member of California State Assembly 2nd District, 1852-53 
- Frank Della Valle, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York, 2000 (Conservative, 15th District), 2002 (Republican, 16th District) 
- Evaristo Valle, Spanish painter
- Franco Valle (1940-2003), Italian Olympic bronze medalist boxer
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html