100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Valladares family come from? What is the Spanish Valladares family crest and coat of arms? When did the Valladares family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Valladares family history?The noble surname Valladares is of Spanish descent, and is of local origin. The name Valladares is derived from the name of the place of residence of the initial bearer which, in this case, is the name of the "casa solar" or "ancestral seat" of the Valladares family. The place name is in turn derived from the Spanish word "valladar" which means a "fence, a military barricade or stockade."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valladeres, Vallader, Valadare, Balladare and others.
First found in the northwestern province of Galicia, near Ponteverde.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valladares research. Another 177 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1624, 1659, 1643, 1708, 1696, 1701, 1615, 1695, 1669 and 1695 are included under the topic Early Valladares History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 151 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Valladares Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Hernando De Valladares who arrived in the Spanish Main in 1561
Valladares Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Valladares De Osta who settled in Puerto Rico in 1829
- Francisco Valladares, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1829
- C Valladares (d. 1979), American passenger from Bloomingdale, Illinois, USA, who flew aboard American Airlines Flight 191 and died in the crash on May 25, 1979
- Roberto Valladares (1891-1920), South American poet
- Manuel Portela y Valladares (1868-1952), Spanish political figure during the Second Spanish Republic, Prime Minister of Spain in 1935
- Miguel Angel Ayala Valladares (b. 1981), Chilean footballer
- Patricio Valladares (b. 1982), Chilean film director and screenwriter, best known for his work in horror films
- María Zavala Valladares (b. 1956), Peruvian politician, lawyer and judge, Minister for Justice (2006-2007)
- John Cristofer Valladares Contreras (b. 1980), Chilean footballer
- Ralph "Ralphie" Valladares (1936-1998), Guatemalan roller derby skater and coach, posthumously inducted into the Roller Derby Hall of Fame in 2004
- Jadier Valladares Guzmán (b. 1982), Cuban two-time silver medalist weightlifter
- Melvin Yovany Valladares Castillo (b. 1984), Honduran football striker
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
The Valladares Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Valladares Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 July 2015 at 18:49.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!