Valerio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Valerio surname is derived from the place called Valero, in Salamanca province, Spain.
Early Origins of the Valerio family
The surname Valerio was first found in Aragon, in northeastern Spain.
Early History of the Valerio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valerio research. Another 195 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1229, 1238, 1242, 1282, and 1469 are included under the topic Early Valerio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valerio Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valera, de Valera, Valero, de Valero, Valerón and many more.
Early Notables of the Valerio family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Diego de Valera, majordomo to Queen Isabella and chronicler of King Ferdinand; fifteenth century naval officer Carlos de Valera; sixteenth century writer Cipriano Valera; nineteenth century...
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Valerio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valerio migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Valerio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Valerio, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816 
Contemporary Notables of the name Valerio (post 1700) +
- Melanie Valerio (b. 1969), American Olympic swimmer
- Max Wolf Valerio (b. 1957), American poet, memoir writer, essayist and actor
- Joaquín Enrique Valerio Olivera (b. 1973), Spanish footballer
- Alessandro Valerio (1881-1955), Italian Olympic horse rider
- Alberto Valerio (b. 1985), Brazilian racing driver
- Valerio Zanone (1936-2016), Italian politician, Senator Legislatures: XV (2006-2008)
- Valerio Massimo Manfredi (b. 1943), Italian historian, writer, essayist, archaeologist and journalist
- Valerio Cassani (1922-1995), Italian professional footballer
- Valerio Evangelisti (b. 1952), Italian writer of science fiction, fantasy, historical novels and horror, recipient of the ESFS award for Best Author (2002)
- Valerio Adami (b. 1935), Italian painter
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)