Valentino History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Valentino family
The surname Valentino was first found in Vicenza, anciently known as Vicetia, a town in Venetia, capital of the province of Vicenza. It was conquered by the Venetians in 1405. It has many beautiful palaces and churches, galleries and museums. The cathedral is Gothic. The original church SS.Felice e Fortunato was built in 975 but has been much altered. It is notable for its development painters, architects, sculptors and scholars. Natives were Trissino, Palladio, Pigafetta, Fogazzaro, Mantegna, Montagna, Speranza, Scamozzi and Buoncosiglio. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The name is first mentioned in the year 1200 in Vicenza.
Early History of the Valentino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valentino research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1820 is included under the topic Early Valentino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valentino Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valenti, Vajenti, Vaienti, Valent, Valente, Valentic, Valentich, Valentin, Valentineli, Valentuzzi and many more.
Early Notables of the Valentino family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Valentino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Valentino family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anna Valente, who came to New York city in 1895; Gundenzio Valenti, who arrived in California in 1893; Abigall Valentia, who arrived in Jamaica 1744, as well as Joseph Valenti, who came to Seneca Falls, New York some time between 1884-1915..
Contemporary Notables of the name Valentino (post 1700) +
- Rudolph Valentino (1895-1926), Italian-American silent film actor, best known for his work in The Sheik and The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Johnnie Valentino (b. 1957), American composer /guitarist and sound designer
- Patrick Valentino (b. 1982), American composer, conductor and musician
- Rob Valentino (b. 1985), American soccer player
- Sal Valentino (b. 1942), American rock musician, singer and songwriter
- Jim Valentino, American writer, penciler, editor and publisher of comic books
- Val Valentino (b. 1956), American magician, illusionist, and actor, uses the stage name the Masked Magician
- Linda Rae Valentino, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1972 
- Linda Valentino, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maine, 2008 
- Joseph D. Valentino, American Democrat politician, Justice of New York Supreme Court 7th District; Elected 2001 
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Historic Events for the Valentino family +
- Barry Joseph Valentino (1960-1988), American Exhibit Designer from San Francisco, California, America, who flew aboard the Pan Am Flight 103 from Frankfurt to Detroit, known as the Lockerbie bombing in 1988 and died 
Related Stories +