on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Uresti was first found in the Basque
region of northern Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arestegui, Arostegui, Orestegui, Aresti, Areste, Oresti and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Uresti research. Another 559 words (40 lines of text) covering the year 1908 is included under the topic Early Uresti History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Uresti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Joseph Aresteguieta, who arrived at the port of Philadelphia in 1804.
- Carlos I. Uresti, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 28th District, 1997; Member of Texas State Senate 19th District; Elected 2006, 2010, 2012
- Albert Uresti, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 23rd District, 2006
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Uresti Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Uresti Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 February 2016 at 11:22.
on orders of $85 or more