Early Origins of the Turman family
The surname Turman was first found in Switzerland
, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Turman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Turman research.Another 171 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Turman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Turman Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Thorman, Thormann, Thormans, Thormanns, Thormanes, Thormannes, Thormane, Thormanne, Thorrman, Thorrmann, Thoorman, Thoormann, Thurman, Thurmann, Torman, Tureman and many more.
Early Notables of the Turman family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Turman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Turman family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: William Thorman who settled in Maryland in 1659; J. Carsten Thorman who arrived in Philadelphia in 1753; Thomas Thorman who arrived in Virginia in 1769.
Contemporary Notables of the name Turman (post 1700)
- Lawrence Turman (b. 1926), American Academy Award nominated film producer, known for his work on American History X (1998), The Graduate (1967) and The Thing (1982)
- John Turman (b. 2007), American screenwriter, film producer and storyboard artist, known for his work on Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007), Hulk (2003) and Ben 10: Alien Swarm (2009)
- Joe Garner Turman, American Christian author, speaker and retired missionary
- Glynn Russell Turman (b. 1947), American Primetime Emmy Award winning stage, television, and film actor, director, and producer, known for his roles Super 8 (2011), Men of Honor (2000), Gremlins (1984) and House of Lies (2012-2014)
- George Fugett Turman (1928-2008), American politician, 24th Lieutenant Governor of Montana (1981-1989)
- Reagan Garth "Buddy" Turman (1933-2007), American professional heavyweight boxer