Trump History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Trump surname may be derived from the Middle High German word "trumpe," meaning "drum." Or, it may come from the place name, Trampe in Uckermark, a district in present day Brandenburg, but which was claimed by Pomerania in medieval times.
Early Origins of the Trump family
The surname Trump was first found in Mecklenburg and Pomerania, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. There is an early record of Willeke (von) Tramp, a Pomeranian knight, in 1280. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Trump family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trump research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1736 and 1713 are included under the topic Early Trump History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Trump Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tramp, Trampe, Trump, Trumpe, Trempe, Von Tramp and many more.
Early Notables of the Trump family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Trump Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Trump is the 8,608th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Trump migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Trump Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Philip Thomas Trump, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- Johannes Trump, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- Hans Trump, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- George Trump, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1759 
- Adam Trump, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Trump (post 1700) ||+|
- Donald John Trump (b. 1946), American businessman and television personality, the 45th President of the United States
- Ivana Maria Trump (1949-2022), (nee Zelnickova), was a Czech-American businesswoman, media personality, socialite, fashion designer, author, and model.
- Robert Stewart Trump (1948-2020), American real estate developer and business executive. He was the younger brother of Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States
- Donald Lynn "Skip" Trump (b. 1945), American oncologist, Director of the Inova Schar Cancer Institute in Falls Church, Virginia (2015-)
- Donald John "Don" Trump Jr. (b. 1977), American businessman and former reality TV personality, son of President Donald Trump
- John George Trump (1907-1985), American high-voltage engineer and physicist
- Jessalyn Van Trump (1887-1939), American silent film actress
- Philemon Beecher Van Trump (1839-1916), American pioneering mountaineer and writer
- Frederick Christ "Fred" Trump (1905-1999), American real estate tycoon
- Ivanka Marie Trump (b. 1981), American businesswoman, socialite, heiress, and fashion model
- ... (Another 8 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Historic Events for the Trump family ||+|
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- List Of Miners - Hillcrest Mine Disaster Data. (Retrieved 2014, June 24) . Retrieved from http://www.hillcrestminedisaster.com/data/index.php?title=List_Of_Miners