Troxell History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the German surname Troxell can be found in the region of Hesse, where the name originated. Troxell may be an occupational name, derived from the Middle High German word "truhsaesee," meaning "leader." In this case, Troxell would be a variation of the German surname Truchsess.
Early Origins of the Troxell family
The surname Troxell was first found in Kempten, where the name first emerged in the early Middle Ages. Hainrich der Truhsaess is the first recorded bearer of the name, living in Kempten in 1287.
Early History of the Troxell family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Troxell research. Another 79 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1287 and 1590 are included under the topic Early Troxell History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Troxell Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Troxel, Trutzschel, Truhsaess, Troxelle, Trutzel, Troxell and many more.
Early Notables of the Troxell family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Troxell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Troxell is the 8,096th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Troxell migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Troxell Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Troxell, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1737 
Troxell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Burton Troxell, aged 34, who settled in America, in 1904
- Lillian Troxell, aged 34, who settled in America, in 1904
- Lillian Troxell, aged 34, who immigrated to the United States, in 1905
- Louis Troxell, who landed in America, in 1907
- Rosa Troxell, who immigrated to America, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Troxell (post 1700) +
- John Troxell, American college football coach
- Richard Troxell, American operatic tenor
- Leona Anderson Troxell Dodd (1913-2003), American politician, president of the National Republican Women's Committee (1963 to 1967)
- Clifton H. Troxell, American fighter pilot and flying ace in the U.S. Army Air Forces, during World War II, credited with 5 aerial victories
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)