on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The roots of the German surname Troxel can be found in the region of Hesse, where the name originated. Troxel may be an occupational
name, derived from the Middle High German word "truhsaesee," meaning "leader." In this case, Troxel would be a variation of the German surname Truchsess.
The surname Troxel was first found in Kempten, where the name first emerged in the early Middle Ages. Hainrich der Truhsaess is the first recorded bearer of the name, living in Kempten in 1287.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Troxel, Trutzschel, Truhsaess, Troxelle, Trutzel, Troxell and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Troxel research. Another 91 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1287 and 1590 are included under the topic Early Troxel History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Troxel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Troxel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Fred Troxel, who was naturalized in Iroquois County, Illinois in 1895
- John Carroll Troxel (b. 1905), physician working in the American Midwest
- Ed Troxel (1925-2001), influential high school and college football coach in Idaho
- M C J Troxel, diplomat living in Israel in the 1950's
- Troxel(l) Trails by Richard M. Troxel.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
The Troxel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Troxel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:40.
on orders of $85 or more