Early Origins of the Trombetta family
The surname Trombetta was first found in Sardinia (Italian: Sardegna, Sardinian: Sardigna), the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. The original inhabitants were Sicels. The Greeks colonized in 735 B.C. Phoenician settlements began in 6th century. Carthaginians arrived 410. Romans
arrived, then the Saracens. Then the Norman Conquest
said to be Sicily's brightest hour, 1057 A.D and taking 35 years. They made Sicilians the leading Maritimes power in the mediterranean, and King Roger of Sicily
one of the greatest Kings in Europe. From Sicily
they invaded Greece. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Trombetta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trombetta research.Another 324 words (23 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Trombetta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Trombetta Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Tromba, Trombi, Trombetti, Trombelli, Trombetta, Trombin, Trombatore, Trombatori, Trombadori, Tramba, Trambetti, Trambarina and many more.
Early Notables of the Trombetta family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Trombetta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Trombetta family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Trombetta Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angela Trombetta, aged 5, who emigrated to the United States from Calliano, in 1899
Trombetta Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Trombetta, aged 30, who landed in America from Petterano, in 1902
- Caterina Trombetta, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States from Fuimara, in 1906
- Benigno Trombetta, aged 21, who landed in America from Pettorano, Italy, in 1907
- Alessandro Trombetta, aged 31, who landed in America from Manoppello, Italy, in 1910
- Angelo Trombetta, aged 41, who emigrated to the United States from Scurcola, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Trombetta (post 1700)
- Otello Trombetta (b. 1915), Italian professional football player
- Maurizio Trombetta (b. 1962), Italian retired football player turned manager
- Cristian Trombetta (b. 1986), Argentine footballer