on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Trewick family come from? What is the English Trewick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Trewick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Trewick family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Treweek, Trewick, Treweeks and others.
First found in Cornwall where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Penzance. Cornwall was a land set apart, a land of mystique and quaint customs, more strongly related to Brittany and Wales than to England. It was not until the 10th century that they submitted to the Saxon rule of England. Since then, their influence has moved east into Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trewick research. Another 145 words (10 lines of text) covering the year 1275 is included under the topic Early Trewick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Trewick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Trewick Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Janet Trewick, aged 55, who landed in America, in 1911
- Thos. Matthew Trewick, aged 65, who emigrated to America, in 1911
- George Trewick (1933-2003), English footballer who played from 1956 to 1960 for Gateshead
- John Trewick (b. 1957), English professional footballer
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
The Trewick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Trewick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 September 2014 at 08:39.
on orders of $85 or more