Traina History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Traina family
The surname Traina was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans
in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Traina family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Traina research.Another 333 words (24 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Traina History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Traina Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Traina family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Traina Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Traina family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Traina Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Chas. Traina, who settled in Harris Co. TX in 1894
Traina Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joe Traina, who settled in Hancock Co. MS in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Traina (post 1700)
- Anthony Traina (b. 1986), American actor, known for his work on Two Guys and a Gym (2012), The Hammer (2010) and Deuce of Spades (2011)
- Todd Traina (b. 1969), American film producer and the founder of Red Rover Films in 2007, known for his work on What Maisie Knew (2012), Blood and Bone (2009) and Grace Is Gone (2007)
- John Traina, American shipping magnate and art collector
- Nicholas John Steel Traina (1978-1997), American singer
- Andrea Traina (b. 1973), Italian film writer, known for his work on Apnea (2009)
Traina Family Crest Products