Early Origins of the Tomei family
The surname Tomei was first found in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Tomei family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tomei research.Another 83 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tomei History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tomei Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Tummillo, Tomisto, Tomei, Tomèo, Tomè, Tommèi, Tommè, Tomini, Tumino, Tuminèlli, Tumiòtto, Tumiàti, Tumiàtti, Tomissi, Tomizza, Tumissi, Tumizza, Tommaso, Tommasèo and many more.
Early Notables of the Tomei family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tomei Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Tomei family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tomei Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Emilio Tomei, who settled in San Francisco in 1879
Tomei Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Aminto Tomei, who arrived in New York, NY in 1937
- Delia Tomei, who arrived in New York, NY in 1948
- Alemando Tomei, who settled in New York, NY in 1948
Contemporary Notables of the name Tomei (post 1700)
- Carolyn S. Tomei, American Democrat politician,Mayor of Milwaukie, Oregon, 1998-2001; Member of Oregon State House of Representatives 25th District, 2001 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Carolyn Tomei (b. 1936), American Democratic politician, Member of the Oregon House of Representatives (2001-)
- Marisa Tomei (b. 1964), American Academy Award winning and Drama Desk Award nominated actress, best known for her roles in The Wrestler (2008), The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) and Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
- Luigi Gilbert "Louis" Tomei (1910-1955), American Indy 500 racecar driver, active in the 1930s and 1940s
- Concetta Tomei (b. 1945), American theatre, film and television character actress, best known for her role as Major Lila Garreau on the ABC series China Beach (1988-1991)
Tomei Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html