Early Origins of the Tomasin family
The surname Tomasin was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Tomasin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tomasin research.Another 134 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1410 and 1810 are included under the topic Early Tomasin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tomasin Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Tommasi, Tomasi, Tomci, Tomassi, Tommassi, Tomaz, Tomas, Toma, Tomati, Tomatis, Tomadi, Tomado, Tomasich, Tomassich, Tommaselli, Tommasella, Tommasello, Tommasetti, Tommasini, Tommasuzzi, Tommasoni, Tomasino, Tomasin, Tomassini, Tomasicchio, Tomasuzzi, Tomasoni, Tomassoni, Tomasutti, Tomadini, Tomadin, Tomadoni, Tomaelli, Tomaello, Tomaella, Tomaini, Tomaino and many more.
Early Notables of the Tomasin family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 59 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tomasin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Tomasin family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tomasin Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giuseppe Tomasin, aged 15, who emigrated to the United States from Italy, in 1912
- Giovanni Tomasin, aged 40, who emigrated to America from Vazzola, Italy, in 1913
- Giuseppe Tomasin, aged 18, who landed in America from Castions, Italy, in 1913
- Luigi Tomasin, aged 49, who settled in America from Castions, Italy, in 1913
- Massimino Tomasin, aged 16, who landed in America from Castious, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Tomasin (post 1700)
- Glauco Tomasin (b. 1939), retired Italian professional football player and coach
- Jenny Tomasin (1937-2012), English actress, best known for her roles in Upstairs, Downstairs and Emmerdale