Early Origins of the Tomaselli family
The surname Tomaselli was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Tomaselli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tomaselli research.Another 134 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1410 and 1810 are included under the topic Early Tomaselli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tomaselli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Tommasi, Tomasi, Tomci, Tomassi, Tommassi, Tomaz, Tomas, Toma, Tomati, Tomatis, Tomadi, Tomado, Tomasich, Tomassich, Tommaselli, Tommasella, Tommasello, Tommasetti, Tommasini, Tommasuzzi, Tommasoni, Tomasino, Tomasin, Tomassini, Tomasicchio, Tomasuzzi, Tomasoni, Tomassoni, Tomasutti, Tomadini, Tomadin, Tomadoni, Tomaelli, Tomaello, Tomaella, Tomaini, Tomaino and many more.
Early Notables of the Tomaselli family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 59 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tomaselli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Tomaselli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tomaselli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benianino Tomaselli, aged 18, who arrived in America from Arpino, in 1903
- Adele Tomaselli, aged 34, who arrived in America from Naples, in 1904
- Anna Tomaselli, aged 49, who arrived in America from Catania, Catania, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio Tomaselli, aged 23, who arrived in America from Pedara, Italy, in 1907
- Amadio Tomaselli, aged 27, who arrived in America from Pellizzano, Austria, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Tomaselli (post 1700)
- Ross Tomaselli (b. 1992), American soccer player
- Dante Tomaselli (b. 1969), Italian-American horror screenwriter, director, and score composer
- Fred Tomaselli (b. 1956), American painter
- Giuseppe "Joseph" Tomaselli (1758-1836), Italian court chapel singer and music teacher in Salzburg
- Sylvana Palma Tomaselli (b. 1957), birth name of Sylvana Palma Windsor, Countess of St Andrews, descendant of Giuseppe Tomaselli; Newfoundland-born wife of George, Earl of St Andrews
- Ignaz Tomaselli (1812-1862), Viennese comedian and singer, son of Giuseppe Tomaselli
- Franz Tomaselli (1801-1846), Viennese actor and comedian in Vienna, son of Giuseppe Tomaselli