Thies History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Thies family
The surname Thies was first found in Germany, where the name Tasman came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Early History of the Thies family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Thies research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1790, 1804, 1869, 1603, 1659, 1642, 1588 and 1653 are included under the topic Early Thies History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Thies Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tasman, Taalman, Taasman, Tesman, Tesmar, Tessmansdorff, Thermann, Thomann, Thosman, Tosman, Thasman, Thasmann, Tiesmann, Teursmann and many more.
Early Notables of the Thies family (pre 1700)
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Thies Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Thies migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Thies Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Thies, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1757 
Thies Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Otto Thies, aged 18, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Jodocus Heinr Thies, who landed in America in 1845 
- Soph Thies, aged 11, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Wilh Thies, aged 8, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Christine Thies, aged 23, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Thies (post 1700) +
- David Robert Thies (b. 1937), American former Major League Baseball pitcher from Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Brian Thies, American comic book creator, best known for his work on Star Wars: Legacy, Secret Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Winter Soldier
- Vernon Arthur Thies (1926-2013), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Andréa B. Thies (b. 1967), known as Dré Thies, an American rower who competed in the women's quadruple sculls event at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Richard William "Dick" Thies (b. 1938), American actor from Nevada, known for his many roles as a villain in early Westerns, father of actress Brooke Theiss-Genesse
- C. Kenneth Thies, American politician, Mayor of Clayton, Missouri, 1946-52 
- Antonia Allagonna Elizabeth "Annelies" Thies (b. 1969), Dutch sailor at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html