on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Thieme family come from? What is the Dutch Thieme family crest and coat of arms? When did the Thieme family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Thieme family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Thiem, Thieme, van Thieme, van Thiem, Teem, Teeme, Tieme, Theim and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Thieme research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1631 and 1668 are included under the topic Early Thieme History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Thieme Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Thieme Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Auguste Thieme, who arrived in Texas in 1846
- Christian F. Thieme, who settled in Philadelphia in 1847
- Otto K Thieme, who arrived in Iowa in 1850
- Richard Thieme, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- August Thieme, who settled in Georgia in 1859
- Robert Bunger Thieme Jr. (1918-2009), American pastor of Berachah Church, a nondenominational Christian church in Houston, Texas, from 1950-2003
- Anthony Thieme (1888-1954), Dutch-born, American landscape and marine painter
- Allan R Thieme (b. 1937), American inventor of the Amigo, the first power operated vehicle/scooter for people with walking disabilities in 1968
- Albert H. Thieme, American politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 13th District, 1909
- Richard Thieme (b. 1944), American business consultant, author, media commentator and speaker
- Marianne Thieme (b. 1972), Dutch animal rights activist and chairwoman of the Party for the Animals
- Georg Thieme, German founder of Thieme Medical Publishers, a German medical and science publisher in 1886
- Paul Thieme (1905-2001), German Indologist and scholar of Vedic Sanskrit, awarded the Kyoto Prize in Arts and Philosophy in 1988
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
The Thieme Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Thieme Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 October 2015 at 14:00.
on orders of $85 or more