100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Thiel family come from? What is the German Thiel family crest and coat of arms? When did the Thiel family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Thiel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Thiel, Tiel, Thiele, Tiele, Teel, Teele, Theel, Theele, Thiell, Thielin, Thiellin, Theell, Tiell, Thielle, Tielle, Thielen and many more.
First found in Hessen, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Thiel research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1721 is included under the topic Early Thiel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Thiel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Thiel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Adolph Thiel, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710
- Annanias Thiel, who landed in New York, NY in 1710
- Vallentin Thiel, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1738
- Johann Christian Thiel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764
- Sebastian Thiel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1764
Thiel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Philip Thiel, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Christian Thiel, who landed in Texas in 1844
- Wilhelm Thiel, who came to Texas with two children in 1846
- Louise Thiel, who arrived in New York in 1850
- Nicholas Thiel, aged 32, arrived in New York in 1854
Thiel Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Adam Thiel, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Asmus Thiel, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Barbara Thiel, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Catharina Thiel, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Conrad Thiel, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Phillip Thiel (b. 1984), Phillip Thiel born 1984 is an American rugby union player
- Maynard Bert Thiel (b. 1926), American retired professional baseball pitcher, manager and scout
- Peter Andreas Thiel (b. 1967), American entrepreneur, hedge fund manager, libertarian and venture capitalist
- William Thiel, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1948
- Judith F. Thiel, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives 52nd District, 1980
- Harvey Thiel, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Huron County, 1930
- Cyril L. F. Thiel, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Colombo, 1926; London, 1927-29; U.S. Consul in Jerusalem, 1932; Havana, 1938; Guayaquil, 1943; U.S. Consul General in Belfast, 1960-62
- Clarence Thiel, American Democrat politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Erie County 8th District, 1923, 1924
- A. E. Thiel, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Idaho, 1952
- Walter Thiel (b. 1949), German theoretical chemist
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
The Thiel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Thiel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 October 2015 at 13:55.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!