Thalmann History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Thalmann family
The surname Thalmann was first found in the Kingdom of Hanover, where the name could be considered to have made a great early contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of early development of Europe. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, each group seeking power and status in an ever-changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Thalmann family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Thalmann research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1785 and 1860 are included under the topic Early Thalmann History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Thalmann Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dalman, Dahlmann, Dahlman, Dalmann, Dallman, Dallmann, Dalmen and many more.
Early Notables of the Thalmann family (pre 1700)
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Thalmann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Thalmann migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Thalmann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinrich Thalmann, who settled in Texas in 1845
- Lebrecht Thalmann, who came with his wife and three children to Texas in 1852
- Edward Thalmann, aged 7, who landed in America, in 1893
Thalmann Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mrs. Ernst Thalmann, aged 40, who immigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Georg Thalmann, aged 26, who landed in America from Kiffenach, Germany, in 1909
- Ernst Thalmann, aged 25, who settled in America from Neltheim, Switzerland, in 1910
- Paul Thalmann, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States from Le Havre, France, in 1911
- Laura Thalmann, aged 23, who arrived at New York, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Thalmann (post 1700) +
- Kerry L. Thalmann, American landscape photographer
- Capt. Edward Deforest Thalmann (1945-2004), American hyperbaric medicine specialist principally responsible for developing the current United States Navy dive tables for mixed-gas diving
- Max Thalmann (1890-1944), German painter, woodcaver, graphic artist, illustrator and book artist
- Kurt Thalmann (1931-2018), Swiss footballer for the Switzerland National Team (1956-1957)
- Sophie Thalmann (b. 1976), French model, Miss France (1998)
- Gaëlle Thalmann (b. 1986), Swiss football goalkeeper
- Dionysius "Dionys" Thalmann (b. 1953), Swiss sprint canoer at the 1980 Summer Olympics
- Ernesto A Thalmann (b. 1914), Minister-Councillor at the Swiss Embassy in the U.S.A., became the Swiss Ambassador to the United Nations, and then the Swiss Ambassador to the U. K. (1976-79)
Related Stories +