Early Origins of the Testa family
The surname Testa was first found in Italy. Bearers of Testa have been found in almost every part of Italy, but in Emilia-Romagna
in particular. The spelling variations
of the name which end in "i" are mostly from the north, while those that end in "o" are mostly from the south. The name comes from the Old French word "teste," meaning "head." The name probably began as a nickname
for someone with an unusually large or oddly-shaped head. There are many compound names similar to this name, such as "Testagrossa," meaning "big head."
Early History of the Testa family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Testa research.Another 262 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1611 and 1650 are included under the topic Early Testa History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Testa Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Testa, Testi, Testini, Testino, Testoni, Testone, Testai, Testaj, Testani, Testabruna, Testadiferro, Testagrossa, Testaquadra and many more.
Early Notables of the Testa family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Testa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Testa family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Testa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Vincenzo and Stefano Testa, who arrived in North America onboard the Orsola in 1882
Contemporary Notables of the name Testa (post 1700)
- Nick Testa (b. 1928), American former Major League Baseball catcher
- Mary Testa (b. 1955), American stage actress
- Ezio Testa (b. 1961), Italian fiction author and poet
- Daniela Testa (b. 1985), Italian writer and journalist
- Clorindo Testa (1923-2013), Italian-born, Argentine architect and artist
- Chicco Testa (b. 1952), managing director of Rothschild Spa
- Augusto Testa (b. 1950), Italian astronomer
- Marco Testa, Italian jazz vocalist CITATION[CLOSE]
Marco Testa. (Retrieved 2010, September 27) Marco Testa. Retrieved from http://www.marcotesta.com/
- Gianmaria Testa, Italian singer/songwriter
- Serge Testa (b. 1950), Australian yachtsman