Tepper History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Tepper family
The surname Tepper was first found in East Prussia, where the name Tepper came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Early History of the Tepper family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tepper research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1768, 1836, and 1861 are included under the topic Early Tepper History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tepper Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tepper, Teper, Teppere, Teppers, Tepperes, Tepers, Tepere, Tepperr, Teeper, Teppeer, Teppe, Tepperman and many more.
Early Notables of the Tepper family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tepper Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tepper migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tepper Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Tepper, aged 18, who immigrated to America, in 1894
- Betty Tepper, aged 2, who landed in America, in 1896
Tepper Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Bernard Tepper, aged 46, who landed in America, in 1906
- Chaim Schrmen Tepper, aged 21, who landed in America from London, in 1906
- David Tepper, aged 20, who landed in America from Bolestow, Austria, in 1907
- Chiel Tepper, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States from Frystak, Austria, in 1908
- Efroim Tepper, aged 26, who immigrated to America from Kischinew, Russia, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Tepper migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Tepper Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- J. Christoph Tepper, aged 32, who arrived in South Australia in 1847 aboard the ship "Gellert" 
Contemporary Notables of the name Tepper (post 1700) +
- Sheri Stewart Tepper (1929-2016), née Douglas, American author of science fiction, horror and mystery novels
- Sid Tepper (1918-2015), American singer and songwriter who collaborated with Roy C. Bennett to produce several hits for Elvis Presley
- Stephen Tepper (b. 1969), American NHL ice hockey player
- Robert Tepper, American Grammy Award nominated singer, best known for his hit song "No Easy Way Out"
- Lou Tepper (b. 1945), American college football coach
- Leonard Tepper (1939-2001), American actor and comedian
- David Tepper (b. 1957), American hedge fund manager and the founder of Appaloosa Management
- Robyn Tepper, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2008
- Larry Tepper, American politician, Delegate to Socialist National Convention from District of Columbia, 1960
- Irene Tepper, American Democrat politician, Member of Michigan Democratic State Central Committee, 1947; Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1948
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +