Tejero History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Tejero comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The original bearer of the name Tejero, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The name Tejada is the name of various villages and towns in the province of Burgos and in Huelva. This place-name is derived from the Spanish word teja, which means roof tile or lime tree.
Early Origins of the Tejero family
The surname Tejero was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Tejero family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tejero research. Another 122 words (9 lines of text) covering the year 1175 is included under the topic Early Tejero History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tejero Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tejada, de Tejada, Tejeda, de Tejeda, Tejado, Tejero, Tejera, Tejadillo, de Tejadillo, Tejería, Tejeria, Tejerina, Teja, de la Teja, Tejas, Texas, Tejo, Tejón, Tejon, Texada, Texado, Texero, Texera, Texeda, Tajada, de Tajada, Tajado, Tajero, Tajera and many more.
Early Notables of the Tejero family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tejero Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tejero migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tejero Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Cristóbal Tejero, who sailed to America in 1513
- Alonso Tejero de la Serradilla sailed to America in 1514
- Alonso Tejero, who sailed to Peru in 1534
Tejero Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cristobal Tejero, who arrived in America in 1813 
- Hernando Tejero, who landed in America in 1814 
- Alonso Tejero, who landed in Peru in 1834 
Contemporary Notables of the name Tejero (post 1700) +
- Álvaro Tejero Sacristán (b. 1996), Spanish footballer who plays for Real Madrid Castilla
- Antonio Tejero Molina (b. 1932), Spanish former Lieutenant Colonel of the Guardia Civil
- Fernando Tejero Muñoz-Torrero (b. 1967), Spanish Goya Award winning actor
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)