Tejeda History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Tejeda comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The original bearer of the name Tejeda, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The name Tejada is the name of various villages and towns in the province of Burgos and in Huelva. This place-name is derived from the Spanish word teja, which means roof tile or lime tree.
Early Origins of the Tejeda family
The surname Tejeda was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Tejeda family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tejeda research. Another 122 words (9 lines of text) covering the year 1175 is included under the topic Early Tejeda History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tejeda Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tejada, de Tejada, Tejeda, de Tejeda, Tejado, Tejero, Tejera, Tejadillo, de Tejadillo, Tejería, Tejeria, Tejerina, Teja, de la Teja, Tejas, Texas, Tejo, Tejón, Tejon, Texada, Texado, Texero, Texera, Texeda, Tajada, de Tajada, Tajado, Tajero, Tajera and many more.
Early Notables of the Tejeda family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tejeda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Tejeda is the 4,434th most popular surname with an estimated 7,461 people with that name. 
Tejeda migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tejeda Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Alonso de Tejeda, who sailed to America in 1527
Tejeda Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso De Tejeda, who landed in America in 1827 
Tejeda Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Eulalio R. Tejeda, aged 46, who landed in America from Tampico, Mexico, in 1912
- Alberto Tejeda, aged 51, who landed in America from Lima, Peru, in 1919
- Clemente Tejeda, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States from Ripaona, Spain, in 1920
- Romualdo Tejeda, who immigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Maria Tejeda, aged 26, who settled in America from Baragua, Cuba, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Tejeda (post 1700) +
- Frank Mariano Tejeda (1945-1997), American Democratic Party politician, Served in the U.S. Marine Corps during the Vietnam War; Lawyer; Member of Texas State House of Representatives, 1977-86; Member of Texas State Senate, 1987-92; U.S. Representative from Texas 28th District, 1993-97
- Carlos Tejeda (b. 1980), Venezuelan gold medalist volleyball player at the 2003 Pan American Games
- Frank M Tejeda (1945-1997), American Texas attorney and state senator
- Yeltsin Antonio Tejeda Valverde (b. 1992), Costa Rican footballer
- Gladys Tejeda Pucuhuaranga (b. 1985), Peruvian long-distance runner
- Anay Tejeda Quesada (b. 1983), Cuban hurdler
- Robinson Garcia Tejeda (b. 1982), Dominican professional baseball pitcher
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)