100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Tannenbaum family come from? What is the German Tannenbaum family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tannenbaum family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tannenbaum family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tannenberg, Tannenburg, Tanenberg, Tanenburg, Tannberg, Tannburg, Tannenberger, Tannenburger, Tanenberger, Tanenburger, Tanneberg, Tanneburg, Tanneberger, Tanneburger, Tannerberg, Tannerburg, Tannerberger, Tannerburger and many more.
First found in Swabia, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tannenbaum research. Another 281 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1124, 1433, 1473, 1495, 1530, 1692, 1729, 1737, and 1810 are included under the topic Early Tannenbaum History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 44 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tannenbaum Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tannenbaum Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Isaac Tannenbaum, aged 22, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Jacob Tannenbaum, aged 32, landed in Mobile, Ala in 1872
- Benjamin Tannenbaum, who landed in Mississippi in 1887
- Biene Tannenbaum, aged 7, who settled in America, in 1893
- Basche Tannenbaum, aged 59, who landed in America, in 1896
Tannenbaum Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Brendel Tannenbaum, aged 8, who landed in America from Warschau, Russia, in 1908
- David Tannenbaum, aged 41, who emigrated to the United States from Ostrowice, Russia, in 1909
- Charle Tannenbaum, aged 15, who settled in America from Gologory, Austria, in 1910
- Abraham Tannenbaum, aged 18, who landed in America from Dziedzslow, Austria, in 1910
- Anna Tannenbaum, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1913
- Frank Tannenbaum (1893-1969), Austrian-born, American sociologist
- Judith Tannenbaum (b. 1947), American teaching artist and writer
- Mike Tannenbaum (b. 1969), American football executive, general manager of the New York Jets (2006-)
- Sid Tannenbaum (1925-1986), American basketball player, two-time Haggerty Award winner
- Samuel Aaron Tannenbaum (1874-1948), Hungarian literary scholar, bibliographer, and palaeographer
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
The Tannenbaum Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tannenbaum Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 December 2011 at 17:00.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!