on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Tagle family come from? What is the Spanish Tagle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tagle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tagle family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Taglis, Tagles, Del Tagle and others.
First found in the mountains of Santander in the ancient kingdom of Castile.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tagle research. Another 400 words(29 lines of text) covering the years 1533, 1729, 1730, and 1762 are included under the topic Early Tagle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 88 words(6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tagle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tagle Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Tagle, who arrived in Virginia in 1655
Tagle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- I Tagle, aged 23, landed in New Orleans, La in 1827
- Armando Tagle (b. 1904), writer and professor in Argentina
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Tagle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tagle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 March 2015 at 12:37.
on orders of $85 or more