on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Tafoya family come from? What is the Spanish Tafoya family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tafoya family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tafoya family history?The surname Tafoya comes from the place name Tafalla, a town in the Basque region.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tafalla, Tafolla, Tafala, Tafallo, Tafoya and others.
First found in the region of Navarre.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tafoya research. Another 401 words (29 lines of text) covering the years 1533, 1679, and 1758 are included under the topic Early Tafoya History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tafoya Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Victorian Tafalla, who settled in Peru in 1592; and Domingo Tafallo, who landed in the Philippines in 1594. Some emigrants, who had been residents of Tafalla, Spain, founded and populated the city of Tafalla in the state of Michoacan, Mexico..
- Thomas Tafoya, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Mexico, 2008
- Charles E. Tafoya, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Saginaw County 1st District, 1952
- Michael Anthony Tafoya (b. 1954), American professional lead guitarist and two time Epic Records recording artist
- Arthur Nicholas Tafoya (b. 1933), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Joseph Peter Tafoya (b. 1978), former American football player in the NFL
- Michele Tafoya (b. 1964), American sportscaster
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
The Tafoya Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tafoya Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 October 2015 at 11:57.
on orders of $85 or more