on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Tafoya comes from the place name Tafalla, a town in the Basque
The surname Tafoya was first found in the region of Navarre.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tafalla, Tafolla, Tafala, Tafallo, Tafoya and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tafoya research. Another 401 words (29 lines of text) covering the years 1533, 1679, and 1758 are included under the topic Early Tafoya History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Tafoya Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Victorian Tafalla, who settled in Peru in 1592; and Domingo Tafallo, who landed in the Philippines in 1594. Some emigrants, who had been residents of Tafalla, Spain, founded and populated the city of Tafalla in the state of Michoacan, Mexico..
- Thomas Tafoya, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Mexico, 2008
- Charles E. Tafoya, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Saginaw County 1st District, 1952
- Michael Anthony Tafoya (b. 1954), American professional lead guitarist and two time Epic Records recording artist
- Arthur Nicholas Tafoya (b. 1933), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Joseph Peter Tafoya (b. 1978), former American football player in the NFL
- Michele Tafoya (b. 1964), American sportscaster
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Tafoya Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tafoya Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 October 2015 at 11:57.
on orders of $85 or more