Taddei History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Taddei family
The surname Taddei was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. Philppo di Taddeo was recorded as a magistrate in Florence 1380.
Early History of the Taddei family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Taddei research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Taddei History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Taddei Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Taddei, Taddeo, Tadeo, Tadei, Taddio, Tadini, Tadolini and many more.
Early Notables of the Taddei family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Taddei Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Taddei migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Taddei Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Candido Taddei, aged 21, who settled in America, in 1892
- Carmine Taddei, aged 41, who landed in America, in 1896
- Antonio Taddei, aged 11, who immigrated to America, in 1896
Taddei Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Taddei, aged 11, who landed in America from Penne, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio Taddei, aged 18, who landed in America from Costeno, Italy, in 1908
- Adele Taddei, aged 44, who landed in America from Tereglio, Italy, in 1909
- Angelo Taddei, aged 31, who immigrated to the United States from Italy, in 1909
- Assunta Taddei, aged 1, who immigrated to the United States from Napoli, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Taddei (post 1700) +
- Geno A. Taddei, American politician, Candidate for Minnesota State Senate 21st District, 1958 
- Mario Taddei, Italian professor of Design at the Politecnico di Milano
- Riccardo Taddei (b. 1980), Italian association footballer
- Massimiliano Taddei (b. 1991), Italian professional footballer
- Giuseppe Taddei (1916-2010), Italian opera singer
- Rodrigo Ferrante Taddei (b. 1980), Italian-Brazilian footballer
- Michel Taddei, musician, principal bass of the Berkeley Symphony orchestra
Related Stories +