on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Czech, German
Where did the German Svoboda family come from? What is the German Svoboda family crest and coat of arms? When did the Svoboda family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Svoboda family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Swoboda, Svoboda and others.
First found in Bohemia, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Svoboda research. Another 171 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1785 and 1873 are included under the topic Early Svoboda History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Svoboda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Svoboda Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frank Svoboda, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906
Svoboda Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anton Svoboda, who arrived in Alabama in 1924
- Tomas Svoboda (b. 1939), prolific Czech-American contemporary classical composer
- Robert Edwin Svoboda (b. 1953), American author and ayurvedic doctor
- Terese Svoboda, American author
- William Ray Svoboda (1928-1980), American football linebacker
- Ludvík Svoboda (1895-1979), Czechoslovak general and politician
- Petr Svoboda (b. 1966), Czech former professional ice hockey defenceman
- Zdeněk Svoboda (b. 1972), former Czech professional footballer
- Jindřich Svoboda (b. 1952), Czech football player
- František Svoboda (1906-1948), Czech football player
- Květoslav Svoboda (b. 1982), freestyle swimmer from the Czech Republic
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
The Svoboda Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Svoboda Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 October 2014 at 12:34.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more