Suazo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The noble family name Suazo is of Spanish descent, and appears to be of local
origin, deriving from a topographic feature, near the place of residence of the initial bearer. Etymologically, the local name Suazo is derived from the Basque
word "zuartz" meaning "tree" and the suffix "-azo" meaning "abundance of." Thus, the surname Suazo signifies "dweller at the abundance of trees or forest."
Early Origins of the Suazo family
The surname Suazo was first found in the province of Alava and Vizcaya in northern Spain.
Early History of the Suazo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Suazo research.Another 381 words (27 lines of text) covering the years 1466, 1527, 1541, and 1802 are included under the topic Early Suazo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Suazo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Zuazo, Zuaza, Suazo, Zuazua, Zuazon and others.
Early Notables of the Suazo family (pre 1700)
Another 43 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Suazo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Suazo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Suazo Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Maria Suazo who settled in New Spain in 1570
Suazo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ygnacio Suazo, aged 48, who emigrated to the United States from Liverpool, England, in 1907
- Santiago Suazo, aged 29, who landed in America from Guerriqueiz, Vizcaya, Spain, in 1917
- Aurelino Suazo, aged 16, who landed in America from Garnecho, Vizcaya, Spain, in 1917
- Jose Suazo, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Bolibar, Vizcaya, Spain, in 1917
- Pedro Suazo, aged 15, who landed in America from Ibarranguelua, Spain, in 1917
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Suazo (post 1700)
- Pete Suazo (d. 2001), American politician, the first Hispanic Utah State Senator
- Humberto Andrés Suazo Pontivo (b. 1981), nicknamed Chupete, Chilean football player
- Jose Peña Suazo (b. 1967), Latin singer
- Roberto Suazo Córdova (b. 1927), former President of Honduras
- Óscar David Suazo Velázquez (b. 1979), Honduran football striker
Suazo Family Crest Products