on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Sturdivant family come from? What is the English Sturdivant family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sturdivant family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sturdivant family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sturtevant, Sturdivantt, Sturtivantt, Sturtivant, Sturdevant, Sturdivant, Sturtifant, Sturdifant, Sturdyvant, Sturdyfant, Sturtevant, Sturdavent and many more.
First found in Nottinghamshire, where they held a family seat from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sturdivant research. Another 265 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1570, 1604, and 1685 are included under the topic Early Sturdivant History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sturdivant Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sturdivant Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Mary Sturdivant, who landed in Virginia in 1665
- William Sturdivant, who landed in Maryland in 1669
- Richard Sturdivant, who arrived in Maryland in 1671
Sturdivant Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Sturdivant settled in Philadelphia in 1832
- Thomas Virgil Sturdivant (1930-2009), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Quan Sturdivant (b. 1988), American football linebacker
- Captain Ephraim Sturdivant (1782-1868), American veteran of the War of 1812
- Trinton Sturdivant (b. 1989), American football offensive tackle
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Sturdivant Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sturdivant Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 January 2014 at 20:38.
on orders of $85 or more