Strope History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Strope family
The surname Strope was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in East Flanders
, a province in Belgium. Within this province the notable towns are Ghent, the capital city, St Nicolas, Alost, Termonde and Oudenarde. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Strope family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Strope research.Another 219 words (16 lines of text) covering the year 1779 is included under the topic Early Strope History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Strope Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Stroop, Stroup, Strope, Stroopere, Struppi and others.
Early Notables of the Strope family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Strope Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Strope family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Strope Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Strope, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773
Strope Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- S. W. Strope, who settled in New York, NY in 1851
Strope Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Gaspe Strope, who settled in Canada in 1796
Contemporary Notables of the name Strope (post 1700)
- Ralph G. Strope, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State House of Representatives from Ingham County 2nd District, 1950 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 20) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
Strope Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 20) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html