at Strelly, a parish, in the union of Basford, S. division of the
of Broxtow. "The Hall is a neat modern mansion, surrounded by well laidout pleasure-grounds, and commands fine views of the romantic scenery in the vicinity. The church is a handsome cruciform structure, with a lofty tower: the nave is separated from the chancel by a richly-carved oak screen; there are several tombs of the Strelley family, and the windows exhibit some ancient stained glass in good preservation."
in 1086 where it was listed as Strahlie.
" The principal part of Okerthorpe, in the parish [of South Wingfield, Derbyshire], belongs to the ancient family of Strelley."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Strilly research.Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 120 and 1200 are included under the topic Early Strilly History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.