Early Origins of the Stonestreet family
The surname Stonestreet was first found in Sussex
where "the Stonestreets appear to have originated." CITATION[CLOSE]
Lowe, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
It is generally thought that the name was derived from Stanistreet, the Roman road which ran from Regnum (Chichester) to London and was coined for someone who lived by that road. The first record of the name was found in Sussex
in the year 1275 when Saloman Stonstret held estates in that shire.
Staniland Academy (formerly Staniland School) is a primary school with academy status in Boston, Lincolnshire, England founded in 1896.
Early History of the Stonestreet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stonestreet research.Another 87 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1276, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Stonestreet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stonestreet Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Stonestreet, Stanistreet, Stanistrete, Staniland, Stanniland, Sonyland, Stonneyland, Stannerstreet and many more.
Early Notables of the Stonestreet family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Stonestreet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Stonestreet family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
Contemporary Notables of the name Stonestreet (post 1700)
- Lisa Gluskin Stonestreet (b. 1968), American award-winning poet, recipient of the 2014 Frost Place Chapbook Prize
- Eric Stonestreet (b. 1971), American three-time Primetime Emmy Award nominated television actor, best known for his starring role on the ABC comedy Modern Family
- Henrietta D. Stonestreet, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maryland, 1940 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Jane Stonestreet, Principal Lecturer in Academic Legal Studies at the University of Westminister
Stonestreet Family Crest Products
- ^ Lowe, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html