Stonestreet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Stonestreet family
The surname Stonestreet was first found in Sussex where "the Stonestreets appear to have originated."  It is generally thought that the name was derived from Stanistreet, the Roman road which ran from Regnum (Chichester) to London and was coined for someone who lived by that road. The first record of the name was found in Sussex in the year 1275 when Saloman Stonstret held estates in that shire.
Staniland Academy (formerly Staniland School) is a primary school with academy status in Boston, Lincolnshire, England founded in 1896.
Early History of the Stonestreet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stonestreet research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1276, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Stonestreet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stonestreet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stonestreet, Stanistreet, Stanistrete, Staniland, Stanniland, Sonyland, Stonneyland, Stannerstreet and many more.
Early Notables of the Stonestreet family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Stonestreet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stonestreet migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Stonestreet Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mr. William Stonestreet, British Convict who was convicted in Kent, England for 14 years, transported aboard the "Coromandel" on 4th December 1803, arriving in New South Wales, Australia 
Contemporary Notables of the name Stonestreet (post 1700) +
- Lisa Gluskin Stonestreet (b. 1968), American award-winning poet, recipient of the 2014 Frost Place Chapbook Prize
- Eric Stonestreet (b. 1971), American three-time Primetime Emmy Award nominated television actor, best known for his starring role on the ABC comedy Modern Family
- Henrietta D. Stonestreet, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maryland, 1940 
- Jane Stonestreet, Principal Lecturer in Academic Legal Studies at the University of Westminister
Related Stories +