Stolberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Stolberg family
The surname Stolberg was first found in the region of Thuringia, north of Franconia, where the noble surname Stolberg was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. Originating from a long line of princes and counts, they declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The name Stolberg, mentioned in records as early as 1213, belongs to one of the oldest German houses bearing the title of count, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Stolberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stolberg research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stolberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stolberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stollberg, Stahlberg, Stolburg, Stolberger, Stollberger, Stollburger, Stolburger and many more.
Early Notables of the Stolberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Stolberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stolberg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stolberg Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andreas Stolberg, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752 with his wife, Catharina, and their three children
Stolberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Stolberg, who arrived in New Orleans in 1845 with his wife and three young children
- George H Stolberg, aged 44, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Ludwig Stolberg, who arrived in Indiana in 1851 
- Ludwig Stolberg, who settled in Indiana in 1851
- Andrew Stolberg, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1860 
Stolberg Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- G. E. W. Stolberg, who settled in Arkansas in 1906
Contemporary Notables of the name Stolberg (post 1700) +
- Sheryl Gay Stolberg, American NY Times reporter
- Josh Stolberg (b. 1971), American film and television writer and director
- Peter H. Stolberg (1848-1915), American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Minnesota, 1904; District Judge in Minnesota 18th District, 1910 
- Charles A. Stolberg, American politician, Mayor of Canton, Ohio, 1914-17 
- Jeffrey Stolberg, Canadian fine art photographer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html