on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Stiver family come from? What is the English Stiver family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stiver family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stiver family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sturtevant, Sturdivantt, Sturtivantt, Sturtivant, Sturdevant, Sturdivant, Sturtifant, Sturdifant, Sturdyvant, Sturdyfant, Sturtevant, Sturdavent and many more.
First found in Nottinghamshire, where they held a family seat from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stiver research. Another 265 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1570, 1604, and 1685 are included under the topic Early Stiver History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Stiver Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stiver Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Grace Stiver, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1679
Stiver Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Marrea Barb Stiver, aged 30, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Eve Cripsizer Stiver, aged 48, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Stover, Stoever, Staver, Stiver: and Account Of the Ancestry and Descendants of Johann Caspar Stoevar of Pennsylvania by Vernon Stiver.
- The Stivers in the Ball-Stivers Line and Allied Families by Dorothy Stivers Brown.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
The Stiver Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stiver Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 December 2013 at 15:17.
on orders of $85 or more