on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Stiver family come from? What is the English Stiver family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stiver family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stiver family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sturtevant, Sturdivantt, Sturtivantt, Sturtivant, Sturdevant, Sturdivant, Sturtifant, Sturdifant, Sturdyvant, Sturdyfant, Sturtevant, Sturdavent and many more.
First found in Nottinghamshire, where they held a family seat from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stiver research. Another 265 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1570, 1604, and 1685 are included under the topic Early Stiver History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Stiver Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stiver Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Grace Stiver, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1679
Stiver Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Marrea Barb Stiver, aged 30, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Eve Cripsizer Stiver, aged 48, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- P. O. Stiver, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1904
- Gladys B. Stiver, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Missouri, 1956, 1960
- Stover, Stoever, Staver, Stiver: and Account Of the Ancestry and Descendants of Johann Caspar Stoevar of Pennsylvania by Vernon Stiver.
- The Stivers in the Ball-Stivers Line and Allied Families by Dorothy Stivers Brown.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
The Stiver Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stiver Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 November 2015 at 09:44.
on orders of $85 or more