on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Steyer family come from? What is the German Steyer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Steyer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Steyer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stieber, Stiebar, Steyber, Steybar, Steuber, Steubar, Stiebel, Stiebal and many more.
First found in Austria, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Steyer research. Another 232 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1757, 1795, and 1869 are included under the topic Early Steyer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Steyer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Steyer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Tobias, Steyer Sr., who landed in Pennsylvania in 1769
Steyer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gustav Steyer, who arrived in New York, NY in 1851
- Fritz Steyer, aged 15, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
Steyer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Franz Steyer, who landed in Arkansas in 1906
- Else Steyer, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1907
- Franz Steyer, aged 54, who emigrated to America, in 1907
- Franz Steyer, aged 0, who landed in America from Mor, Hungary, in 1907
- Elsa Steyer, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Thomas "Tom" Fahr Steyer (b. 1957), American asset manager, philanthropist and environmentalist development banker
- James "Jim" P. Steyer (b. 1956), American child advocate, civil rights attorney, professor and author
- Wlodzimierz Steyer (1892-1957), Polish naval officer and a Counter Admiral of the Polish Navy
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
The Steyer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Steyer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 March 2012 at 07:42.
on orders of $85 or more