Stetler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Stetler surname derives from the Middle High German word "stadel," meaning "a barn." Thus a "stadeler" was the administrator of a storage barn.
Early Origins of the Stetler family
The surname Stetler was first found in Austria, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. Records show a Manegolt vom Stadel in Styria in 1295; and a Nicolaus Stadler in Iglau in 1378.
Early History of the Stetler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stetler research. Another 185 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1560, 1614, 1648, 1753, 1763, 1795, and 1812 are included under the topic Early Stetler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stetler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Staedler, Stadler, Staedler, Stadtler, Stadeler, Staedele (Wuerttemberg), Stadel, Stadeln, Stadlen, Stadelmann, Stadtmann, Stadtman, Stadellmann, Stadelman, Stadelmaner, Stadellmaner, Stadelmayer and many more.
Early Notables of the Stetler family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Stetler were Johann Stadlmayer (1560-1648), who was a German composer at the court of Innsbruck. Christoph Staedler was a prominent doctor and physician of the city Eger, and was ennobled...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stetler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Stetler is the 12,132nd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Stetler migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stetler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Daniel Stetler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765 
Contemporary Notables of the name Stetler (post 1700) +
- Stephen Stetler, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 2004 
- Robert A. Stetler, American Democratic Party politician, Postmaster at Okemos, Michigan, 1965-73 (acting, 1965-68) 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html