on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, English, German
Where did the English Stein family come from? What is the English Stein family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stein family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stein family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stein, Steyne, Steyn, Steine, Stine, Steiyne, Styn and many more.
First found in Norfolk, where Alfricus Stein was registered in 1155.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stein research. Another 333 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1275, 1295, 1557, 1575 and 1583 are included under the topic Early Stein History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Stein Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stein Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Hans Stein, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1639
Stein Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martin Stein, who landed in New Jersey in 1709
- Michel Stein, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Joh Leonahart Stein, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Leonhart Stein, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1736
- Johan Casper Stein, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738
Stein Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lewis Stein, who landed in Maryland in 1833
- Francis Stein, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Anna Maria Stein, who arrived in America in 1837
- Matthias Stein, who arrived in America in 1837
- Maria Margareta Stein, who landed in America in 1837
Stein Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sol Stein, who landed in Mississippi in 1900
- Samuel Joseph Stein, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904
- Friedrich Stein, who arrived in Alabama in 1913
- Heinrich Stein, who arrived in Alabama in 1924
- Carl Heinreich Stein, who landed in Alabama in 1924
Stein Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Engelhart Stein a labourer, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "South Australain" in 1837
- Charles M. Stein (b. 1920), American mathematical statistician
- Gertrude Stein (1874-1946), American writer and catalyst in the development of modern art and literature, who spent most of her life in France
- William Stein (b. 1974), Professor of Mathematics, University of Washington
- Leon Stein (1910-2002), American composer and music analyst
- Corporal Tony Stein (1921-1945), American Marine awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1945
- Elias M. Stein (b. 1931), American mathematician, co-winner of the 1999 Wolf Prize
- Charles F. Stein II (1900-1979), Baltimore historian and heraldist, founding officer of the American College of Heraldry and Arms
- John Stein (b. 1944), American politician, former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
- Dr. Jules C. Stein (1896-1981), American physician, and businessman who founded Music Corporation of America
- Philip Stein (b. 1919), American painter
- From Switzerland to Sonnenburg: the Story of the Steiner, Amstutz, and Zuercher Families from Wayne County, Ohio by Calyton Steiner.
- Poets, Painters, Paupers, Fools: Indiana's Stein Family by Robert C. Kriebel.
- Stein Stammbaum by Bachrach of Reichensachsen.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
The Stein Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stein Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 July 2014 at 17:21.
on orders of $85 or more