Stefanini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Stefanini surname comes from the personal name Stefano, which is the Italian form of the Latin name Stephanus.
Early Origins of the Stefanini family
The surname Stefanini was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Stefanini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stefanini research. Another 102 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1417, 1645, 1710, 1375 and 1460 are included under the topic Early Stefanini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stefanini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Steffani, Stefano, Stefan, Stifano, Stevani, Stiévano, Stiévan, Schhivani, Stépan, Stéfanis, Stefanich, Stepanich and many more.
Early Notables of the Stefanini family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Stefanini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stefanini migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stefanini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Celestina Stefanini, aged 15, who landed in America from Lesignano, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Stefanini, aged 17, who landed in America from Lesignaino, Italy, in 1912
- Antonio Stefanini, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States from Sesignano, Italy, in 1912
- Alviso Stefanini, aged 16, who immigrated to the United States from St. Angelo, Italy, in 1913
- Anselmo Stefanini, aged 28, who landed in America from Perugia, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Stefanini (post 1700) +
- Rafe Stefanini, Italian-born, American old-time banjo player, fiddler and guitarist
- Matteo Stefanini (b. 1984), Italian gold medalist rower at the 2005 Mediterranean Games
Related Stories +