on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Staudt family come from? What is the German Staudt family crest and coat of arms? When did the Staudt family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Staudt family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Staude, Staudt, Staudy, Stauder, Stueder, Staudle, Steidle, Steudle, Stuedemann and many more.
First found in Germany, where the name Staude likely came from humble beginnings but nevertheless played a role in the developing feudal society that became widespread throughout medieval Europe.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Staudt research. Another 377 words (27 lines of text) covering the years 1583, 1633, 1654 and 1712 are included under the topic Early Staudt History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Staudt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Staudt Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Tilghman Staudt, who landed in America in 1672
Staudt Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Staudt went to America in 1710
- Jacob Staudt, who landed in America in 1710
- Joh Michael Staudt, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Michel Staudt, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- John Staudt, who arrived in America in 1737
Staudt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nikolaus Staudt, who arrived in Brazil in 1827
- Jakob Staudt, who arrived in North America in 1843
- Jos Staudt, aged 22, arrived in New York, NY in 1847
- Joh Staudt, who landed in Texas in 1849
- Peter, II Staudt, who arrived in Texas in 1849
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Staudt Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Staudt Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2014 at 11:01.
on orders of $85 or more