100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, German
Where did the German Stauber family come from? What is the German Stauber family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stauber family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stauber family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Steuven, Stoeven, Steuben, Staeuber, Staiber, Steubing, Steube and many more.
First found in Saxony, where the name could be considered to make a great early contribution to the feudal society. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the tribal and national conflicts, each group seeking power and status in a fluctuating territorial profile.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stauber research. Another 233 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1130, 1730, 1777, 1794, and 1836 are included under the topic Early Stauber History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 100 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stauber Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stauber Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Stauber, who landed in New York in 1709
- Paul C Stauber, who landed in New York, NY in 1750
- Peter Stauber, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Daniel Stauber, who settled in Philadelphia in 1753
- Jean Stauber, who arrived in America in 1777-1783
Stauber Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton Stauber, who settled in Ohio in 1856
- Anna Stauber, who came to Wisconsin in 1876
- Adalbert Stauber, who settled in Baltimore in 1891
- Henry Stauber, aged 64, who emigrated to America, in 1892
- Emma Stauber, aged 17, who settled in America, in 1897
Stauber Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Stauber, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1909
- Anna Stauber, aged 21, who settled in America, in 1909
- Chazkel Stauber, aged 33, who landed in America from Brel, Austria, in 1909
- Lina Stauber, aged 21, who landed in America from Aarau, Stitzerland, in 1910
- Johann Stauber, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States from Aicha, Germany, in 1912
- John Stauber (b. 1953), American writer and political activist
- Liz Stauber (b. 1979), American actress, known for her roles in Almost Famous (2000), Three Kings (1999) and The Village (2004)
- Robert Thomas Stauber (b. 1967), retired American professional NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Carrie Stauber, American actress
- Lawrence "Larry" B. Stauber Jr., American judge on the Minnesota Court of Appeals (2008-)
- Allan G. Stauber (b. 1944), American bridge player awarded the Mott-Smith Trophy in 1981
- Cody Stauber (b. 1991), American actor
- Birgit Stauber (b. 1974), Austrian Romy Gala Award nominated actress
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Stauber Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stauber Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 December 2014 at 14:59.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!