Stapper History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Stapper family
The surname Stapper was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Brabant, an ancient duchy from 1190 onward. Within the province Brussels and Louvain are the major cities and the smaller Clabecq, Tubize and Wavre towns. Other towns include Vilvorde, Tirlemont and Hal. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family. This family are believed to have descended from an ancient Spanish family which settled here during the occupation of the Habsburgs.
Early History of the Stapper family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stapper research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stapper History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stapper Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stapper, Stappers, Stappens, Stappenter and others.
Early Notables of the Stapper family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Stapper Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stapper migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stapper Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andreas Stapper, who settled in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1778
Stapper Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johanna Stapper, who settled in North America in 1830
- Anton Stapper, who settled in North America in 1830
- Jos Stapper, who settled in New Orleans in 1850
- Theresia Stapper, who settled in North America in 1854
Contemporary Notables of the name Stapper (post 1700) +
- Cindy Stapper, American oil and pastel artist based in Austin, Texas
- Erik J Stapper (b. 1935), of the New York law firm Stapper & Van Doren
- Flip Stapper (1944-2021), Dutch professional footballer who played as a midfielder for Blauw-Wit Amsterdam, Heracles, FC Twente, AZ'67 and KFC
- Charles H Stapper Ph.D., Electrical Engineer
- Dr. Frank E Stapper, Professor of Social Work at Northeastern State University in Oklahoma
Related Stories +