Early Origins of the Staib family
The surname Staib was first found in Saxony
, where the name could be considered to make a great early contribution to the feudal
society. The name became prominent in local
affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the tribal and national conflicts, each group seeking power and status in a fluctuating territorial profile.
Early History of the Staib family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Staib research.Another 233 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1130, 1730, 1777, 1794, and 1836 are included under the topic Early Staib History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Staib Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Steuven, Stoeven, Steuben, Staeuber, Staiber, Steubing, Steube and many more.
Early Notables of the Staib family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Staib at this time were Baron
Friedrich Wilhelm Augustus Heinrich Ferdinand von Steuben (1730-1794), who was a famous German soldier from Magdeburg, Prussia
. He became grand-marshal at the court of the Prince of Hollenzollern, and then at the court of the Margrave of Baden. In... Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Staib Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Staib family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Staib Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Wm. G. Staib, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1893
Staib Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Wilhelm Staib, aged 22, who landed in America from Ulm, in 1906
- Katharina Staib, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Goppinger, Germany, in 1908
- George Staib, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Goppingen, Germany, in 1910
- Erike Staib, aged 14, who landed in America from Brotzingen, Germany, in 1921
- Heinrich Staib, aged 42, who settled in America from Pforsheim, Germany, in 1922
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Staib (post 1700)
- David Paul Staib Jr., American NASA Astronaut
- Alexandra Staib, German actress
- Air Vice Marshal Margaret Mary Staib AM CSC (b. 1962), Chief Executive Officer of Air Services Australia
- Christian Fredrik Maximilian "Fritz" Staib (1892-1956), Norwegian Olympic sailor at the 1912 Summer Olympics
- Elizabeth Staib, American model, Miss Alaska, 1976
- Bjorn Staib, Norwegian polar explorer