on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Sramek was first found in Austria
, where the name Sramek became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sramek, Scharneck, Schrameck, Schreimeck, Schromeck, Scharemeck and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sramek research. Another 217 words (16 lines of text) covering the year 1854 is included under the topic Early Sramek History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Sramek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sramek Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Sramek, who immigrated to Chicago in 1869
- Joh. Sramek, who arrived in Baltimore in 1874
- James Sramek, who came to Nebraska in 1892
Sramek Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Josef Sramek, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1914
- Jordan Sramek, awarded the 2000 Minnesota State Arts Board Fellowship for Performing Musicians, and in 2002, received an Arts Board Career Opportunity Grant for his Medieval music research in Ireland
- Frana Sramek (1877-1952), Czech poet and dramatist
- Peter Sramek, Canadian photographer and artist
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Sramek Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sramek Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 March 2012 at 23:19.
on orders of $85 or more