Spohr History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Spohr family
The surname Spohr was first found in the Rhineland, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the family became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Early History of the Spohr family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Spohr research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1707 is included under the topic Early Spohr History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Spohr Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Spohrer, Spohr, Spehrer, Sperner, Sporrer, Sperrer, Sperger, Spohrger, Spehr, Spahrer, Spahr, Spehrmann, Spahrmann, Spohrmann, Sparmann, Spormann and many more.
Early Notables of the Spohr family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Spohr Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Spohr migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Spohr Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Conrad Spohr, who landed in New York, NY in 1782 
- Ludwig Spohr, who landed in New York, NY in 1782 
Spohr Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonette Josepha Spohr, who arrived in America in 1846 
- Elias Spohr, aged 20, who arrived in New York, NY in 1855 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)